Role- Senior Applications Engineer
Salary- £50,000 - £75,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Location- Slough (hybrid working is available)
My client is a specialist manufacturer for process industries. They are looking for a Senior Applications Engineer to join their team in Slough on a permanent basis.
The Senior Applications Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Degree / HNC / HND / BTEC / NVQ qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- At least 5 years’ experience in a relevant Applications or Mechanical Engineering position
- Knowledge of 3D CAD software – ideally SolidWorks, SolidEdge or similar
- Experience in Petrochem, Oil & Gas or similar industries would be beneficial
- Knowledge of rotating equipment, SPM, valves, pumps, actuators, pneumatics, gauges, piping etc.
- Project Management skills
- Good mathematical and general engineering knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials – sheet metal, castings, machining etc.
- The ability to understand system requirements
- Be self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
The Senior Applications Engineer role will involve:
- Working on project specifications – creating CAD drawings and preparing cost estimates working off customer requirements
- Taking specifications, reviewing products, creating technical reviews and overseeing bespoke designs
- Working with Designers to test, update and improve designs
- Writing quotes and other technical details
- Using in house software and quoting tools
- Helping to define project schedules
- Using SolidWorks to produce 3D models and 2D drawings; reading, creating and amending drawings
- Being involved in testing completed systems
- Being involved in quality reviews with Workshop Technicians
- Have a good appreciation for using hand tools and basic fabrication methods
- Working closely with other members of the engineering team
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible.