Role: Applications Engineer (PLC Specialist)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salary: $100,000 - $140,000 per annum.
My Client – an international Manufacturer of bespoke Machinery and Automation equipment are on the lookout for an experienced Applications Engineer to join their team on a Permanent basis in San Francisco, CA.
The Ideal candidate will have strong experience in working with Electrical Drives and Motion Control systems.
Those able to program PLCs and software in higher level languages for Industrial Machinery will be of particular interest.
The Applications Engineer will have the following attributes:
- M.S or B.S in Electrical / Controls / Mechatronics / Automation Engineering (or similar).
- Experience in programming or fault-finding industrial PLCs (Siemens, Allen-Bradley or Beckhoff).
- Strong knowledge of Servos, VSDs and Inverters.
- Motion Control or Robotics experience.
- Excellent networking protocol knowledge.
- Experience delivering technical support to customers onsite and in the field.
The Applications Engineer’s role will involve:
- Working closely with Sales Team to provide Technical Product Support and advice.
- Identify new applications for Automation Controls, HMIs and Drive Systems.
- Selection of products and solutions for effective system delivery.
- Produce code samples for PLCs, HMIs and Motion Control Systems.
- Travelling up to 40% of the time to provide field based support.
For more information about this Applications Engineering role please apply, or email Jack Smillie on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to provide more details on the opportunity.
Many thanks, Premier Group