Salary: £30,000 - £36,000
Location: East Sussex
My client is a family business specialising in the design, manufacture and assembly of luxury bespoke buildings such as houses, extensions, garages and outbuildings.
They run projects from concept creation through to manufacture, designing buildings independently or working with architects to produce specialist drawings and produce the buildings. Each project is individual, and they work with independent contractors on various aspects of each project, ranging from architects, structural engineers, joiners through to building contractors.
- Assisting in the design of timber frame houses, extensions, garages, outbuildings and other structures. Working from sales briefs and quotes, Sketchup or architects’ drawings to produce detailed project drawings for planning, construction and building control
- Progressing projects through planning application process
- Liaise internally with sales, operations and production departments; externally with planning and building control departments, as well as directly with clients as necessary
- Site visits as required
- Identifying and resolving technical issues and queries, producing technical drawings including timber frame jointing, and producing CNC machine files
- Producing standard detail drawings and build instructions
- 5-6 years’ experience in detailed building design
- 3D AutoCAD and good knowledge of Revit is essential
- A good knowledge of Sketchup
- Construction detailing, planning applications and building regulation drawings is essential
- Experience exporting to some CNC machines would be an advantage
- Understanding of the engineering concepts of construction
This position is immediately available with the intention to make a hire as soon as possible. They are offering a very desirable package and the opportunity to grow and develop your own team.
If you feel you are suited for this Architectural Technologist / Draughtsman position, then please apply or contact JShear@PremierengineeringUK.com.