LOCATION – Braintree
TERM - Permanent
SALARY – £40,000 - £50,000
My client – an Manufacturer of OEMs and Component parts are on the lookout for an experienced Automation / Control Systems Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis near Braintree.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering upgrades to PLC Systems and Modifying existing production machinery within an FMCG type environment.
Those with experience in Process Improvement and delivering Automation Architecture for High Volume manufacturing facilities will be of particular interest.
The Senior Automation Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- A degree level education or alternate qualification equivalent in Electrical Engineering (BEng, BSc, HND, NVQ etc).
- Experience in upgrading facilities from manual / semi-automated production processes.
- Excellent proficiency with Siemens S7.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Servos, VSDs or Motion Control Products.
- Ideally have knowledge of either Design or Installation of Hydraulic and Pneumatic components.
- Drive and Vision to contribute towards continually improving production yield.
- Excellent communication skills
The Senior Automation Engineer’s duties will involve:
- Writing software for PLCs, SCADA and HMIs.
- Electrical Panel Design and Integration for Machinery.
- Participating in Project Specifications to participate in a full life cycle design process.
- Identifying opportunities within the facility to upgrade Control Systems within existing production Machinery.
- Programming and Installing new Production lines.
- Working between a number of departments to ensure smooth communication and efficient delivery of projects.
If you are interested in this Senior Automation Engineering role, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.