Job Title: Trainee BIM Manager
Rate: £25,000 - £30,000 + Package
Location: Kent / London
My client is a well-established Multidisciplinary Building Design studio with studios in 5 different UK locations. The company has been in operation for over 30 years and can boast a workforce of approximately 150 staff.
My client has many years’ experience developing and implementing BIM processes and protocols and are looking for a bright, engaging candidate with the communication skills and desire necessary to help the architectural teams achieve their goals.
It is anticipated that right candidate will work to develop the skills to progress into a BIM manager role and will gradually take over responsibility currently undertaken by others. There is significant scope for a proactive person with a curious mind to marry the opportunities of new technology with the demands of a busy practice.
Due to the Location of their Kent office they are happy to consider candidates that would like to work two days from their London office and 3 days from their Kent office.
If you live local to the Kent office however, it would be expected you would work in Kent also.
The role of the Trainee BIM Manager is to support the BIM Manager in the delivery of training to staff in the effective and efficient use of BIM tools and processes in their everyday work.
The company specialises in open BIM and interoperability so the successful candidate should have some knowledge of collaborative processes in the construction industry.
The practice utilises ARCHICAD and Solibri as their primary BIM software and while working knowledge of these would be preferable, other software would be considered.
Under the guidance of the BIM manager and Studio Team Leaders, the trainee BIM Manager will:
- Maintain and deliver training to staff in Kent as well as other locations when necessary
- Support users through BIM support services and troubleshooting
- Assist project teams to set up/manage models and deliver BIM outputs
- Improve consistency and quality within the applications and outputs
- Diving licence and own vehicle
- Competent use of an architectural BIM software on construction projects
- Some awareness of model checking, validation, verification and COBie outputs
- Educated in relevant industry to Degree or HND Level
- Experience using ArchiCAD is highly beneficial
- UK based project experience
- Expedited Career progression
- Salary between £25,000 to £30,000
- Medical Insurance, Health Cover and Life Insurance
- 28 Days Holiday, plus 3 additional days after 5 years' service
- Charity and fundraising events
- Free Yoga classes
- Company social events throughout the year
If you feel you are suited for this Trainee BIM Manager position, then please apply with your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org