Role – BOM Engineer (Bill of Materials Engineer)
Type - Permanent
Location - Kent
Salary - £25,000- £32,000 per annum (please advise what you're looking for)
My client designs and manufactures engineering equipment, and they are looking to take on a BOM Engineer (Bill of Materials Engineer) / Mechanical Engineer on a permanent basis, in the Kent area.
The BOM Engineer/ Mechanical Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- HNC/ HND/ BTEC/ Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Technical background with experience in an engineering/ manufacturing environment
- Having knowledge of BOM’s and SolidWorks or a similar CAD software is needed to be able to interpret data and work with assembly drawings
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Access would be beneficial, though not mandatory.
- Any experience of working with SAP or other data integration systems is desirable
- Great organisational skills are required and good time management too
- The ability to use Microsoft Office programmes
- Good communication skills
The BOM Engineer / Mechanical Engineer role will involve:
- Preparing BOM’s (Bill of Materials) based on the specific data provided by the Engineering team; multi-levels
- Working with other colleagues in the sales team to make options for production and also quotation purposes
- Assist in training other team members how to use the SAP system
- Preparing assembly build specifications
- Supporting with the creation of ECN's and new materials within the SAP system
- Create drawings in SolidWorks with BOM’s to inform the Production team of build requirements
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.