SALARY- £28,000 - £32,000 per annum plus benefits (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Buyer on a permanent basis in the Wickford, Basildon or Essex area with experience in a manufacturing industry. Your main duties will be assisting with the day-to-day activities of the supply chain and purchasing team.
The Quality Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in Engineering ideally (NVQ / HNC / HND / Degree or similar) OR Qualified by experience
- Previous experience working in a purchasing / Buyer role.
- Previous experience in an Engineering or Manufacturing business.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Capable of using an ERP / MRP system.
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Good problem-solving skills
- Exposure to aerospace industry – advantageous but not essential.
- Be responsible for purchasing of goods, materials and services.
- Liaise with other members of purchasing and estimating to obtain quotes for future requirements.
- Manage administrative tasks for a smooth running of the department.
- Escalate any issues that could cause a problem to production.
- Resolve invoice queries.