£25,000 to £32,000
Premier Engineering are currently working with a fantastic Client of ours as they look to bring on a new Buyer for their Cramlington site, please find some details below
Candidate requirements Will have significant experience in a purchasing / buying and purchase order management role (stock level control and supplier management).
Can work independently, however understands the need to engage as a key point of contact for all internal departments and suppliers. Is fully aware and responsive to internal and external customer needs and the role parts availability plays in a manufacturing business.
Has an attitude, which takes problems as a challenge and an opportunity to improve business performance and not as an inconvenience.
Has experience of use of and a mindset that ERP systems are an integral tool in effective purchase order book management. Sage 200 / Sicon operational knowledge would be preferred but is not essential if significant ERP/MRP systems knowledge and experience can be demonstrated.
Is familiar with manufacturing operations processes and methods, ideally electrical and mechanical assemblies but not essential if general and relevant manufacturing process knowledge can be demonstrated.
Summary of the role To take responsibility for the purchasing of materials using the MRP system, reviewing action messages and interrogating MRP data. In addition, be responsible for expediting activities within the department, communicating any late deliveries to the production team or project teams and Supply Chain Manager.
- Monitor parts availability, run trial kits and communicate any delays or component shortages to the relevant departments
- Build relationships with suppliers and subcontractors, negotiate pricing and agree best possible lead times to satisfy production needs
- Support request for quotation reviews
- Assist with supplier non-conformance in relation to purchased materials
- Assist with inventory management activities and cycle counting
- Coordinate supplier deliveries, UK and overseas
- Assist with bill of materials costing and bill of material creation
- Coordinate, monitor and track free issue materials
- Manage supplier/sub contract orders
- Housekeeping of ERP database