SALARY- £32,000-£38,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Buyer on a permanent basis in the Oxfordshire area to work closely with manufacturing. The ideal candidate will support the development and application of best practises to the procurement processes that provides our current materials and services at best quality, delivery and cost to the point of use.
The Buyer will ideally have the following attributes:
- 2+ years experience of Buying in a manufacturing environment
- Ideally CIPS qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency of ERP/MRP systems
- Experience in manufacturing environment essential
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Self- motivated individual
- Works effectively in a small team
- Flexible approach to meeting deadlines
- Inventory management. Work with internal and external partners to optimise stock and ensure stock is provided in line with product lifecycle and business requirements.
- Purchasing of direct materials in line with operational requirements. Actioning the requirements of MRP.
- Identify and manage cost reduction initiatives – deliver cost savings through skilled negotiation
- Maintaining part and procurement parameters in MRP/ERP, i.e. supplier lead times, strategic safety stocks, yields.
- Running tender processes for new requirements, negotiating pricing and terms and conditions
- Develop and maintain proactive supplier relationships
- Continuous Improvement. Work with internal colleagues and group colleagues to continuously develop and improve procurement and supply chain processes, tools and ways of working. Implement new tools, processes and procedures that are identified for group role out.
- Supplier Quality – work with suppliers and other departments to ensure robust corrective actions are in place to deal with non-conformity
- On a regular basis monitor Procurement KPI’s (OTD, Quality, PPV) and publish along with action plans to deliver agreed targets
- Build strong internal relationships and work with all areas to address purchasing issues and requirements.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV to find out more, along with your availability and your salary expectation.