SALARY- £28,000-£36,000 circa (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a CNC Machinist on a permanent basis in the Middlesex area for a market leading manufacturer within their field. Must be able to work from drawings, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks.
The CNC Machinist will ideally have the following attributes:
- NVQ or City & Guilds in a relevant subject
- Apprenticeship time served, Mechanical Engineering on Toolmaking
- Experience in CNC programming/ operation preferably with Fanuc control
- Work to BS8888 drawing standards and other associated BS standards
- Practical approach to problem solving
- Ability to interpret complex mechanical drawings, high attention to detail
- Ability to use CAD/CAM and also edit/modify programmes
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Programme & operate machining centre to produce components to required specification.
- Work on necessary workshop equipment, primarily conventional machines such as lathes and milling machines
- Implementing project schedules and plans in a timely effective manner
- Establishing productive working relationships with engineering, planning, design teams to maintain customary liaison.
- Carry out periodic cleaning and preventative machinery maintenance where applicable
- Liaise with NPD team and other departments integral to development to ensure prototype models meet requirements
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the Company and legislative requirements for Health and Safety.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV to find out more, along with your availability and your salary expectation.