Job Title – Commissioning Engineer
Industry: Gas Solutions
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a global leader in gas solutions to the energy, power and processing sectors. My client continues the pursuit of engineering excellence, product innovation and service integration. Due to company and team expansion my client is recruiting for a Commissioning Engineer on a permanent basis.
Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm (40 hours per week)
- Undertake system commissioning on client sites, addressing any concerns arising from the commissioning process.
- Test communications and conduct end to end testing.
- Communicate and provide technical support to the client to address customer specific issues.
- Provide technical support to Installation Technicians and Service Engineers to address in-house issues, deploying all forms of communication.
- Provide commissioning advice to Design Engineers in the development of the commissioning strategy and plan.
- Compile all reports / documentation and dispatch in a timely manner as directed by the Service & Technical Support Manager.
- Comply with the organisation’s QA and SHE systems, policies and procedures; support required updates as the business develops.
- Train less experienced engineers in all the relevant disciplines.
- Attend client sites to conduct operations to calibrate and repair systems.
- Attend all required company and department meetings.
- Attend training courses relevant to the position.
- Support the creation and delivery of training activities for colleagues and clients.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties within your skill-set as directed by your line manager.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of commissioning and / or servicing equipment on client sites.
2 years’ experience working independently i.e. without local oversight management.
• HNC / HND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or a related subject.
• Ability to understand and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, able to advise clients on the drawings and specifications.
• Knowledge of PLC controllers.
• Knowledge of pressure control systems.
• Computer literate including use of MS and Linux systems.
• Must be able to demonstrate fault-finding skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload under tight deadlines.
• Strong communication skills and excellent team working attributes.
• Full driving licence (maximum 3 points/no disqualifications).
• 2 years minimum working as a Technician within the gas industry.
• Previous experience of working on Odourisation, Chromatography or related measurement type systems.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for more information and apply!