Contract - 6 months
Rate - £30 per hour
My client is looking for Contract Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team! The mechanical design engineer will be joining a global company trusted by leading brands to design and build world class machinery.
Key responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Involvement in specifying and design of Special purpose machinery.
- Pneumatics design
- Design using Solidworks 3D tools.
- Creation using Solidworks of 2D manufacturing and assembly drawings from 3D designs.
- Creation of bills of materials from Solidworks
- Liaising with manufacturers to optimise designs, costs etc.
- Prototype assembly and testing of new designs.
- Support of manufacturing during product introduction.
- Development and maintenance of ISO9001 quality procedures for mechanical engineering.
- Checking of other design engineers designs and drawings prior to release.
- Sound knowledge of design for manufacture (DFM) practices.
- Assist in development of design and drawing office standards and templates.
- Release of BOM’s and other manufacturing data.
- Design of industrial automation in a manufacturing environment.
- Generation and verification of design documents
- (Assembly drawings, detail drawings, parts lists, P&I diagrams, pneumatics diagrams).