Job Title: Contract RF Design Engineer
Hourly Rate: £35 - £50 per hour depending on skillset and experience
Duration: 6 - 12 Months
Work arrangement: Onsite is preferred but the client is flexible to offer full remote working.
An award winning and hugely successful Global Engineering Specialist company based in Edinburgh who have a significant presence for the design and development across multiple industries such as the Telecommunications, Aerospace, Aviation, Medical Devices, Space, and many others are now seeking to hire for a Contract RF Design Engineer to join the team and business on a long term 6-12 month exciting project.
The daily rate on offer for the successful Contract RF Design Engineer is £35 - £50 an hour, depending on skillset and experience. Onsite is preferred but the client is flexible to offer full remote working. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions.
This contract assignment is deemed and confirmed being Outside IR35. The contract duration is for 6-12 months.
Contract RF Design Engineer key skills:
- 5-10 years industry experience
- A good understanding/background in general electronics (analogue and digital)
- Experience of Microwave & Antenna Design
- RF frequency design background from 20MHz-40GHz, output powers up to 50-200Watts.
- Experience of interfacing RF circuits and sub-systems
- Experience in designing amplifiers and/or power amplifiers
- Experience using lab equipment (network analyser, VNA, Signal source, Spectrum Analyser, RF receiver) to test and analyze RF components
- Practiced and well-versed in the use of EM simulation software (e.g., CST, HFSS, Ticra, WASP-NET, etc)
- PCB Design & Schematic Capture – Altium Cadence Orcad/Allegro
- Industry experience – Space, Aviation, Aerospace, Medical Devices, Telecommunications, Defence
Highly desirable/advantageous nice to have skills:
- Produce and maintain design and test documentation
- Understanding of the principles of designing for CE and EMC compliance
- Knowledge/familiarity with DSP / FPGA based designs.
- Python/scripting experience for automated test and characterization.
- Ideally the candidate will be able to design and have knowledge of PA’s, up/down convertors, filters and have RF system experience.
- Design experience and a thorough understanding of RF communication systems/products
- FPGA VHDL experience
If you could be interested in the role as a Contract RF Design Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Frank at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information.