Job Title: Contract Software Engineer
Location: United Kingdom
Daily Rate: £300 - £450 per day depending on skillset and experience
Duration: 3 Months, highly likely to be extended
Work arrangement: Fully Remote
A brand new excellent opportunity has arisen for a Contract Software Engineer to join a hugely successful and excellent Global Telecommunications company, who have a great reputation for producing high-tech niche technology and innovation at the leading edge of the broadcast and communications industry. The Contract Software Engineer will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to design and develop innovative consumer products to contribute to the software development life cycle of next generation user interfaces for the pay TV industry on set-top-boxes and consumer devices on a global scale.
The daily rate on offer for the successful Contract Software Engineer is £300 - £450 per day, depending on experience.
Full remote work is available. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions.
This contract assignment is deemed and confirmed being Outside IR35. The contract duration is for 3 months but this is highly likely to be extended.
Contract Software Engineer key skills:
- Expert embedded systems knowledge.
- Set Top Box experience
- Strong C and C++ programming skills
- Embedded Linux
- Understanding of Linux, tools, libraries, and open source software
- Ability to work in both user and kernel space
- Proven track record of success with embedded system development projects
- Multi-threaded software development
- Version control: Mercurial, GIT, SVN, JIRA etc.
- Problem Solving – Strong problem solving/root-cause analysis skills.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to understand and identify missing requirements and drive conversations with Product Owners to close any gaps.
- Experience of working in an agile development environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Desirable nice to have skills:
- App integrations e.g., Netflix, Amazon Prime
- Experience working with set-top boxes under Linux environment
- Digital TV technologies
- GStreamer implementation and performance optimisation
- Qt Framework
- Automation – Experience developing end to end automated test cases, ideally using Python.
- Knowledge of network protocols and stacks such as TCP, UDP, SNMP, IPv6, Gateway, L2 Switch, VLANs, etc.
- STB technologies such as DVB, DVR/PVR, IPTV
- Wide ranging experience including Hardware, Firmware, BSPs, bootloaders, Linux device drivers, Linux kernel development, middleware, and applications.
If you could be interested in the role as a Contract Software Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Frank at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information. This client is not only looking to hire 1 Contract Software Engineer but the're very keen on hiring 2-3 Contract Software Engineers.