Job Title: Electrical Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Industry: Oil & Gas
Salary: £40K - £45K
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a global leader in gas solutions to the energy, power and processing sectors. My client continues the pursuit of engineering excellence, product innovation and service integration. Due to company and team expansion my client is recruiting for an Electrical Control & Instrumentation Design Engineer on a permanent basis.
- Take ownership of the Electrical and Control & Instrumentation elements of project design packages.
- Produce design packs to client specifications and subsequent modifications within the allocated hours provided for the project.
- Responsible for development of C&I design packages.
- Responsible for development of power and distribution designs at 415V and below.
- Translate User Requirements Specification into Functional Design Specification.
- Produce Conceptual Design documentation and take through to detailed design, data sheets and manufacturing support information.
- Create material specifications (Bill of Materials) for Procurement to source and purchase.
- Undertake value engineering activities to address cost or design performance of the solution designs.
- Effectively maintain design records in line with the QA system.
- Producing the factory acceptance test documentation, installation support information and commissioning documentation.
- Liaise with various disciplines including, Mechanical, Process, Software and CAD in respect to design interface.
- Attend meetings with the client with respect to design reviews and progress updates in support of the project manager.
- Have an attention to detail including closely monitoring project schedule and costs to identify ways to reduce costs.
- Prepare documentation for Formal Safety Assessments and for O&M manuals.
- Peer review the designs of fellow Engineers.
- Participate in Design Working Groups to enhance the design standards within the department.
- Liaison with suppliers with respect to confirming the specification and equipment performance parameters, and where necessary outline costs for said equipment.
- Monitor budgeted hours for design work and report back to the Project Manager on progress, any issues and any potential overspend.
You must possess a minimum of HNC / HND in Electrical, Control or Instrumentation Engineering or an associated discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of the design life cycle of a project.
- Experience working in a structured design engineering environment.
- Experience of producing designs for the gas distribution or transmission networks, oil and gas or petrochemical industries.
- Previous experience of producing Electrical or Control & Instrumentation designs for hazardous area applications would be desirable although we would consider applications from individuals who have a working knowledge of ATEX regulations.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal ensuring you communicate well with your colleagues and the customers.
- BEng in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of the gas network formal design processes such as IGEM GL5 or National Grid G35, Cadent/NGN G17, SGN PS6 design processes.
- Familiarisation with Gas Network Design Standards / Specifications.
- Experience in gas measurement, gas or liquid metering systems, gas sampling systems or gas analysers.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Group for further information and apply!