Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25k - £45k (DOE)
Industry: Distribution systems
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client who are a technology-focused company, specialising in control system design, installation and commissioning for the automated materials handling sector. Due to continued and sustainable growth they are looking for a control system engineer on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- PLC/HMI/VSD: TIA Portal/step 7 (S7 1500/Comfort/G120).
- Control Networks: ProfiNET, Asi.
- Write PLC and HMI code in ladder, STL and SCL.
- Familiar with the IEC 61131-3 (LD, FB, ST and SFC).
- Creation of Software Design Specifications (SDS).
- Creation of Functional Design Specifications (FDS).
- Setup and commissioning of drives and associated systems & software interfaces
- Write PLC and HMI code from scratch for manual & automatic machines.
- Project administration planning skills.
- Will at times be required to work outside of their normal working hours.
- Help with the ongoing support contracts by providing customer facing technical support.
- Be able to produce Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and accompanying testing documentation.
- Report to the Engineering Manager.
- Learn from the experienced team of senior engineers on all aspects of the project control life cycle.
- Full UK driving licence.
- 40% of the will be on site commissioning that would involve staying away.
- Siemens S7 Failsafe PLC.
- Software validation & simulation.
- Knowledge OPC, distributed I/O systems.
- Awareness of SCADA systems.
- Educated to minimum Degree level in Controls/Software Engineering. (HNC applicants may be considered dependant on experience)
- Experience in electrical systems design with AutoCAD electrical, report, and specification writing.
- Knowledge of risk assessment for machinery controls and their safety systems.
- Office 365 literate.
- Health and Safety qualification is desirable.
- Competitive salary based on experience level and qualifications.
- Part of an ETO owned company.
- Flexible working hours.
- Some home working.
- Health insurance.
- Employer pension contribution.
- Company Performance based bonus.
- Access to pool vehicles for travel.
- All working expenses paid
Please contact Janhoi Campbell at Premier Engineering for further information and apply with your latest CV.