LOCATION – Colchester
TERM - Permanent
SALARY – £44,000 - £52,000
My client – an International manufacturer of bespoke Automated solutions is looking for an experienced Controls Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis in Colchester. Candidates with experience of full lifecycle Design for Projects including both Hardware and Software will be of particular interest.
The Controls Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- A degree level education or alternate qualification equivalent in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering (BEng, BSc, HND, NVQ etc)
- 4+ years' in a similar Control Systems Engineering position.
- Strong PLC Programming experience - background in Control Systems including Schneider and DALI will be highly beneficial.
- Experience in Project Delivery / Design / Installation or Commissioning of industrial Motion Control Systems.
- Proven experience in Electrical Hardware Design and layouts using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience within a Multi-Functional team, with some limited Mechanical exposure.
The Controls Engineer’s duties will involve:
- Providing Technical Installation and Commissioning support of automated equipment.
- Participating in the Design of both Software and Hardware solutions for Bespoke products.
- Full System Architecture Design of processing equipment and machinery, including working with Control Systems (PLC and SCADA) and Networking Communication (Profibus, Profinet)
- Bridging Technical knowledge between Design, Production and Manufacturing departments.