LOCATION – Reading
TERM - Permanent
SALARY – £40,000 - £50,000
My client – a Systems Integrator and Service provider across a number of manufacturing industries are looking for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to join their small team on a Permanent basis in Reading.
Candidates with strong experience in ground up PLC Programming for Automated Machinery will be an ideal fit, ideally using Siemens S7 / TIA Portal with an ability to code at Structured Text Level.
The Control Systems Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
• A degree level education or alternate qualification equivalent in Electrical Engineering (BEng, BSc, HND, NVQ etc).
• PLC Programming experience (Siemens S7 preferable, although others will be considered [Beckhoff, Allen-Bradley, Mitsubishi etc])
• Experience in a previous Automated production environment
• Demonstrated experience in working with Servo Drives, VFDs or Motion Control Products.
• Process industry experience is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills
The Control Systems Engineer’s duties will involve:
• Writing software for PLCs, SCADA and HMIs.
• Some Programming of Systems in C, C++.
• Electrical Panel Design and Integration for Machinery.
• Participating in Project Specifications to participate in a full life cycle design process.
• Leading a Team of Electrical Engineers across Design and Machine Build functions.
• Working between a number of departments to ensure smooth communication and efficient delivery of projects.
If you are interested in this Control Systems Engineering role, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.