Job Title: Permanent
Industry: Renewable Energy
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client a world leading solutions provider within the Energy sector. Due to continuous growth of business and engineering teams a crucial role has been signed off for a Control & Protection Systems Technical Lead for the Renewable Energy division.
- Leading technical project activities along all phases of projects, he is the technical interface between customer and GA community.
- In-depth hands-on experience & knowledge of Protection and scheme design is an essential element of this role.
- The incumbent also provides on demand Customer Support.
- Participate to customer kick off meetings, leading the technical meeting, project risk sessions, budget and project closure.
- Ensure that safety rules are applied around his job and for the Engineers working with him.
- Produces monthly progress and planning for the project manager.
- Write the specifications and documentations relative to the projects (Basic and/or Detail design, setting files…),
- Define and validate the technical solutions with the customer.
- Specify the software and the hardware equipment of the projects + technical solution.
- Define /validate the cortecs of the equipment to source, for the Project manager.
- Define the technical execution planning and resource allocation needs.
- Responsible of the technical delivery of the project inside the allocated budget.
- Warns the project manager in case of budget deviation forecast / any technical deviation which put the project in risk.
- Manage the Fault reports and application team interface, also the business requests.
- Secure the traceability of the config files evolutions and versions.
- Inform the PM on any potential opportunity on design.
- Supports Tendering and Commercial teams
- Design all the technical contractual documents for customer and follow the doc transmissions (sent / approval)
- Supervise site activities / site Engineers
- Able to configure / validate projects as well (like a protection Engineer).
- Technical lead of customer meetings, inform on deviations, suggests optimizations.
- Lead Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance tests
- Follow and close pending lists at site.
- Face the customer and follow teams at energization of the Substation.
- Provides trainings to the customer,
- Guarantees the satisfaction of the customer through his (her) behaviour and actions.
- Experience in delivering National Grid SBS and SPAR protection projects
- Minimum of a BSc. in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) coupled with two to four years' project technical leader related experience
- Electrical & Electronic engineering Diploma or equivalent with equivalent experience will be considered
- Expert in the field of protection, network studies,
- The incumbent must possess strong knowledge of protection functions, Electrical Scheme, and cubicle design.
- Strong working knowledge of relays configuration
- Electrical (motors, generators, power grid and generation)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently within a dynamic work environment is essential.
- Well-developed organizational skills are required.
- Flexible approach to working hours is essential.
- Abroad missions of several days to be considered.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for more information and apply.