LOCATION – Welwyn
TERM - Permanent
SALARY – £50,000 - £60,000
My client – an Manufacturer of bespoke machinery across a number of manufacturing industries are looking for an experienced Controls Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis in Welwyn. The ideal candidate will have experience in programming
The Controls Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- A degree level education or alternate qualification equivalent in Electrical Engineering (BEng, BSc, HND, NVQ etc).
- PLC Programming experience; preferably in Beckhoff Structured Text. Although others will be transferable (Rockwell / Allen-Bradley, Siemens etc)
- Experience in a previous Automated production environment
- Strong Electrical Design ability using EPlan for Control Panel Design.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Servo Drives, VFDs or Motion Control Products.
- Excellent communication skills
The Controls Engineer’s duties will involve:
- Writing software for PLCs, SCADA and HMIs.
- Electrical Panel Design and Integration for Machinery.
- Participating in Project Specifications to participate in a full life cycle design process.
- Leading a Team of Electrical Engineers across Design and Machine Build functions.
- Working between a number of departments to ensure smooth communication and efficient delivery of projects.
If you are interested in this Controls Engineer role, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation