Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000- £50,000 (DOE)
Industry: Industrial Automation
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client. Due to continued and sustainable growth they are looking for a Controls Systems Engineer on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for taking a project from its inception through to final commissioning.
- This will include documentation, testing, validation and customer support.
- Electrical Control System Design.
- PLC programming, primarily Mitsubishi and Siemens but potentially Rockwell and others.
- HMI and SCADA configuration.
- Writing of functional and test specifications.
- Commissioning on site in both UK and abroad.
- Travelling away from the office would typically be likely to be up to 15% of the engineer’s time, and although mainly in the UK, will also include foreign travel.
- The role is 80% office based but will involve up to 20% travel throughout the UK, potentially even abroad soon.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and to interface with mechanical engineers to delivery functional automation control systems.
- Electrical Controls Design background
- PLC and SCADA + HMI programming background.
- Ability to electrically design complex control systems and to configure and integrate both PLC.
- Programmes and SCADA / HMI operator interfaces completely from scratch.
- Electrical Control System design covering Motor Starters, Soft Start Units, Inverter Drives and general low voltage control circuits.
- PLC programming on various platforms, Mitsubishi, Siemens, and others, for multitasking control of industrial automation process.
- SCADA and HMI interface software for Plant Control, Recipe Handling, Monitoring and Operator Interfacing.
- Additional benefits