Job title – Data Engineer - Azure & Talend
Industry - Technology
Location – London
Job type – Perm
Salary - £40k-£90k
Here at Premier Group we are working alongside one of our largest clients who is looking to place numerous Data Engineers at various levels with 2-10 year’s experience within the market. The kind of character we are looking for are people eager to learn and deliver large Digital Transformations across UK & Ireland.
As a Data Engineer you will have worked on Data Integration into Cloud Data Warehouses or Data Lakes, programming, APIs, etc. in an Agile environment.
- Identify and analyse user requirements.
- Prioritise and perform on the full software life cycles.
- Development new applications.
- Proficient in writing code and de-bugging.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly proficient with Talend Data integration and Talend Big Data, Talend data quality.
- Experience in setting up the ETL architecture for the data platform on any of the cloud provider infrastructure such as AWS or Cloudera platform.
- Extensively worked on building ETL pipelines from various sources like RDBMS, NoSQL, Kafka and other batch or streaming sources and flat files
- Strong experience on working with various data formats like Parquet, Avro, CSV, JSON and XML and other unstructured formats in batch and real time environments.
- Proficient understanding of distributed data processing and MPP databases.
- Understand existing ETL tool and/or business logic and rules, data sources and convert same ETL jobs to Talend pipelines.
- Familiarity with CI/CD process as well as tools and processes including Git, Jenkins, Jira. Candidate would be required to set up the complete CI/CD and development process within the project.
- Experience with setup and configuration, setting up design best practices, coding best practices and configuration management process for the data engineering team as well as with BI tools
- Experience working in Development, Support, Maintenance, and Enhancement projects
- Medical and dental care
- Life Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Friendly work culture
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, and you would love to work Data Engineer, as part of a highly successful team please apply within.
Alternatively, if this role isn’t quite right for you but you have someone you can recommend, please get in touch. We offer up to £500 for all successful referrals placed.
Contact Matt at Premier Group on 0207 247 5747, or email email@example.com