Duration: 16 Weeks (Potential for extension or Temp to Perm)
Rate: £25-£27 p/h (Outside IR35)
Premier group have engaged with a key client in Air Pollution control based in Staffordshire who are looking to grow their design team by bringing in a Design Engineer on a 16 week contract.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Design Engineer
- To carry out the appropriate engineering calculations to provide back-up information.
- To organise the procurement of items and assist the Project Manager/Buyer in procuring the larger equipment.
- Provide CAD support to the manufacturing and construction teams.
- To visit site to carry out pre-installations or as built surveys.
- To liaise with the Project Team for the design compilation, review, approval and issue.
- Working to health, safety environmental and other standards as they apply to the process.
- Data, documentation and drawing management and issue in accordance with Company procedures and client electronic documentation systems and procedures.
- Working to timescales and deadlines.
- Fully understand CDM Regulations.
- Experience of working on 2D and 3D CAD using Inventor/Revit.
- Carry out basic calculations to support the design decisions.
- Good communication skills and should be capable of working alone and as part of a team.
- Must hold a full driving licence.
- Good mechanical engineering understanding.
- Basic electrical and instrumentation understanding.
- Basic understanding of HAZOP, ATEX and other safety practices is desirable.
- Be experienced in working in an operational team and fully understand quality, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Experience in designing odour control plant is beneficial