Duration: 6 Month Contract
Premier Engineering have partnered with a leading designer and manufacturer of handling equipment who are looking to bolster their design team with an experienced Design Engineer on a 6-month contract basis to assist the product development team.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer
- Creation of general arrangement and detail drawings in AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Contribute concept ideas for review for new products or solutions to existing product issues to move the company’s products forward
- Creation/development of product design specifications - create and maintain design specifications for designs being undertaken
- Define specific testing requirements including what to test and how long with a statement of objectives and required outcome.
- Monitoring the build of prototype designs, building small operable conveyor systems within the production facility to test components or new designs.
- Performing product tests, evaluation of prototypes on test and documenting results
- To review and document progress in terms of both technical and financial measures.
- Creation and maintenance of product manuals / technical documentation as required to keep these in line with the current product’s status.
Key skills of the Design Engineer
- Experience using 2D AutoCAD & Solidworks
- Experience in the design of Conveyors, Material Handling Equipment, Automation or something of a similar nature
- Experience of building and testing prototypes
- Access to own license for Solidworks and/or AutoCAD would be very beneficial
If you are a Design Engineer looking for your next opportunity, get in touch now with the latest version of your CV!