Industry: Manufacturing, Electronics
Salary: £35K - £42K Pa, dependent on experience
Benefits Package: Back to work scheme, Pension, Annual Company Bonus, 25 days holiday rises 1 day per year after 2nd year in the company. (Max 30 days)
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading Manufacturer in electronic amplifiers. Our client is based in Northamptonshire. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for a DSP Engineer to join the Engineering team on a permanent basis.
As a DSP Engineer you will be reporting to Senior Software Engineer and carry out efficient DSP programming in all digital products.
- DSP algorithm development, implementation, and optimisation. This includes both high-level modelling (MATLAB, C/C++, VST plug-ins) and assembler level optimisation on the target platforms.
- Assisting in project planning, scoping and problem solving in terms of software.
- Other duties within skill set but not necessarily role scope as and when (creative design input, attending meetings etc.)
The ideal SMT Technician will have the following experience listed below:
- DSP development for embedded hardware.
- Independent and self-reliant, being able to work without close supervision.
- Working within a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) structure.
- A musical background, guitar playing or otherwise, would be considered a strong advantage.
Training Technical Skills:
- Excellent demonstrable Embedded C programming skills.
- C++ (OOP) programming skills.
- Solid understanding of fundamental DSP theory.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles.
- Experience in audio signal processing.
- Understanding of/experience developing VST plugins.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Several years (minimum 3) commercial experience as an audio DSP Engineer.
- A passion for the music industry
- SHARC DSP experience.
- Experience using JUCE or similar for creating software GUIs.
- Proficient using MATLAB.
- Experience in assembler-level optimisation (preferably on ARM Cortex M/Cortex A).
- Experience in testing audio algorithms and audio processing blocks.
- Optimisation on out-of-order architectures.
- Real-world modelling of audio systems.
- Audio analysis of real-world systems.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. (Willing to work extra hours as and when required).
If you could be interested in the role as a DSP Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.