Salary: Up to £50,000
Job Type: Permanent
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client specialising in the water and energy sector. Due to business and project growth, they are recruiting for an Electrical Controls Engineer on a permanent basis in Wolverhampton.
You will be responsible for providing electrical and control design, performs integration and controls tasks to support customers and improve related products. Ownership of assigned activities under the direction of the Engineering & Project Managers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating budgeting/pricing models for the controls part of the project, to allow costing of proposals to be quick and accurate.
- Review, understand, interpret and clarify all applicable specifications, to determine project requirements.
- Work closely with the Project/Engineering Managers to establish project schedules, meet project deadlines, and control project engineering costs.
- Support the Project Manager interfacing the electrical/control aspects of the projects between customer and supplier throughout proposals, design, manufacture, install and commissioning.
- Creating control system design specifications and RFQ packages to outsource the design and supply of the control system (instruments/panels/cables/containment etc). This would also include reviewing, validating and evaluating the quotes received, and support contract negotiations from a technical aspect to reach setting up the order with the supplier.
- Owning the electrical and control aspects of projects through the engineering process by performing design work, controlling standards, evaluating results and managing supplier’s technical supply
- Manage/create and issue to relevant parties electrical documents including control philosophies, FDS’s, load schedules and wiring schematics.
- Attending and validating FAT at supplier’s premises.
- Writing risk assessments and method statements.
- Provide technical support to field engineers and customers.
- Occasional chance of needing to work on site to support maintenance/ upgrade/ commissioning activities.
- Writing the control sections of the Operation & Maintenance and Installation & Commissioning manuals.
- Troubleshoot customer integration and controls issues including network communications.
- Performs all work in accordance with established process and safety procedures.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering.
- 10 year’s experience in designing electrical process control systems.
- 18th edition IEE Wiring Regulations qualified.
- Ideally working knowledge of IEC 61439 requirements.
- Ideally working knowledge IEC 60079 requirements.
- Positive and agile attitude and keen to work in a team environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex industry related documents.
- Ability to understand English via written and verbal communication.
- Ability to make decisions requiring the use of a variety of variables in standard and non-standard s
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Electrical, MS Visio and Amtech office.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and other MS Office programs.
The role is office based on either the Wolverhampton or Colchester location. Some national and international travel to supplier/client sites.
Sound interesting? If so, please apply with your latest CV or contact me on email@example.com to discuss this amazing opportunity further.