Job Type: Permanent
Location: Coventry (2-3 days remote working)
Salary: up to £32K DOE
Reports to: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Flexibility to work from home 2-3 days a week. Site visits required from time to time.
Summary of Role:
This is an opportunity for an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer to join a team of electrical and mechanical engineers working on large industrial EPC and infrastructural projects. You will have an opportunity to work as part of the electrical and controls team from concept, through detailed design to construction and commissioning for one of the biggest UK quarry installations and infrastructural projects.
Primary Responsibilities will include, (but not limited to):
- Engineering of the electrical part for the projects to ensure projects meet expectations within the client’s standards, set deadline and budget.
- Liaising with internal engineering teams and subcontractors.
- Engineering drawings of HV/LV power supply, main distribution boards, motor control centres, control panels, schematic diagrams, layouts, and associated equipment.
- Preparing flow diagrams, P&IDs, load lists, transformer sizing, cable block diagrams, cable containment drawings, instrumentation and electrical equipment lists and BOMs.
- Preparation of earthinglightning requirements and carry out calculations.
- Conducting Amtech cable calculations and Dialux lighting designs for buildings/outdoor areas/street lighting.
- Preparation of purchase specifications for control panels and electrical installations to be sent with purchase orders.
- Working closely with installation teams to provide design office support during the construction and commissioning phase.
- Knowledge of various PLC platforms and control system architectures.
- Design of EV charging points.
- Feasibility studies and electrical design for solar panel installations.
- Occasionally conducting site surveys and control panels testing in the UK, overnight stays may be required on occasion.
- Contribute to the development of quality and technical standards within the office.
- Achievement of Design Targets established at the beginning of the project.
- On-time project delivery (project delivered date vs planned delivery date).
- Project cost performance (project final cost vs project budget).
- Quality of the design (number of design changes due to design quality, fulfilling client/internal standards, decreased/increased installation time due to solutions designed).
- Engineering Effectiveness (tools/technics used to reduce design time).
- Continuing Professional Development (training/courses/webinars).
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Electrical design experience with solid knowledge of electrical regulations and standards.
- Experience in working on major industrial and infrastructural projects would be advantageous.
- Experienced using AutoCAD Electrical, Trimble (Amtech), Dialux and ideally Revit, however, this is not essential.
- The role can be Client facing at times and therefore excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Fully conversant with 18th Edition BS7671 Wiring Regulations, Lighting and Emergency Lighting (BS 5266 and BS EN 1838), Lightning protection (BS EN 62305) standards.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!