Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable (DOE)
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leading Automation Solutions organisation. Due to business and project growth, a key and exciting opportunity has risen for an Electrical hardware designer.
Purpose and Aim
The hardware designer will usually work as part of a project team and will carry out independently the hardware design for a control system. The project is led by a project leader. The designer reports to the project leader in all project-related matters and to the operations manager in administrative matters.
- To carry out parts of the project according to the hardware design checklist, within the quoted specification, timescale and cost targets.
- To complete parts of the project applying the procedures, guidelines, forms and examples stipulated in the quality assurance system.
- To inform the project leader of any problems related to his part of the project.
- To maintain project files under the supervision of the project leader.
- To procure help on the technical and resource matters from the project leader.
- To inform project leader / operations manager about absences in good time.
- To make secure backups of all files and data on appropriate media.
- To attend the employee meetings.
- To suggest improvements in all matters (technical, quality, etc.).
- To propose training courses and education in technical and general matters for themselves and to the project leader or operations manager.
- To try to secure good relationships with customers and members of staff.
- To procure help in general affairs from any manager.
- To submit signed time sheets weekly and inform project leaders in case of abnormality.
- To give technical support to sales activities (quotations, etc.).
- For the quality, economy, and completeness of their part of the tasks assigned.
- To implement their part of the project within the quoted and agreed cost targets, timescale and quality. Quality means the fulfilment of the customer's requirements.
- To maintain the cleanliness and appearance of their working area.
- To procure all the information necessary for their part of the project.
- To place orders related to their part of the project as long as the amount is within the quoted figures and informs the project leader on a regular basis.
Sound interesting? Please contact Janhoi Campbell for further information and apply today with your latest CV!