Job Type: Permanent
Site Location: Birmingham, West Bromwich
Salary: £26 – 28.9k (Senior)
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client, a family-owned company specialising in Organo- in organo-sulphur synthesis and high-pressure hydrogenation supplying organic chemistry services to a global market in quantities from grams to multi-tonnes. We manufacture intermediates for the Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical and Speciality Chemical industries as well as many others and our team of chemists are experts in custom synthesis, contract manufacture and process optimisation.
A vacancy has arisen to join the Electrical Department. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Electrical Engineering team within a lower tier COMAH facility. The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Electrical Technician (Senior) dependant on which role, and we are looking for an immediate start.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience listed below:
- Electrical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment.
- Electrical plant installation and modification work in an industrial environment.
- Statutory inspections.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals, and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- Ideally have a good understanding of ATEX requirements.
- Be able to mentor other Electrical Technicians. (Senior)
- Be able to mentor apprentices via apprenticeship organisation. (Senior)
- Be self-managing on tasks and be able to lead other Electrical Technicians. (Senior)
- You will need to have a recognised Electrical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in an Electrical discipline as a minimum.
- 18th edition electrical wiring regulations.
- Ideally you would have a Compex (Ex01-04) & (Ex05-06) qualification but this is not a necessity.
- Ideally you would also have training with MEWP’s.
- You will have at least 5 years’ experience in a Petro-Chemical or Heavy Industry environment and be fully conversant with the types of equipment detailed above. (Senior)
- Career development will be possible with both internal and external training available.
- 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays),
- 38 hour working week, Monday to Friday 7.54am to 4pm
- Paid sick scheme.
- Free life assurance and access to a stakeholder pension scheme.
- Additional payment for an Electrical call-in rota system will be added once appropriate site knowledge has been obtained.
Sound interesting? Please contact Janhoi Campbell at Premier Group