Salary: £38K - £42K Pa, dependent on experience
Benefits Package: 20 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), Company Profit Share, Shares in the business and opportunity to buy more shares, payment protection and more.
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a leading Manufacturer in the biopharmaceutical industry. Our client is based in Ceredigion. Due to continuous business growth an opportunity has become available for a Electronic Process Engineer to join the business excellence and manufacturing engineering department.
ABER is seeking an experienced Electronics Development Engineer to join our expanding R&D Team. The successful candidate will have application based experience, together with a sound theoretical background.
With the creation of a new department, they are looking for a candidate with a strong electronics background.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electronics design for PCB.
- Work closely with the engineering and design teams during concept and product development cycles.
- The ability to design and produce prototype instruments.
- Test the suitability of prototypes with responsibility for designing and implementing testing regimes to determine the device’s characteristics and durability.
- Undertake and oversee the build of pre-production batches of parts to analyse the build process.
- Work with the Manufacturing team to train staff on new processes, such as delicate soldering, board programming and calibration.
- Support the Quality department to understand the quality requirements for new products and work with manufacturers to ensure that these standards are met. Work with our software team to automate existing processes, including the implementation of robotics and Cobots.
- Identify process problems and non-conformances in manufacturing processes and develop corrective actions.
- Set up and maintain products, BoMs and suppliers in our MRP system.
- Work within an ISO 9001 & 13485 environment.
- Work with the development team to identify and specify replacement parts and components for obsolete parts.
- Work with the wider team to identify and specify replacement parts and components for obsolete parts.
- Work with new product development teams to advise on the design for manufacture of new products, turning their build instructions into processes and procedures suitable for mass manufacture to be followed by our manufacturing department.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in product and process Validation and Verification.
- Degree or equivalent HND in Electronics or related subject
- Electronics design for PCB
- Electronics assembly – surface mount
- Circuit problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail with good hand to eye co-ordination and manual dexterity Experience of sensors, controllers or motors.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets working effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator
- Drive to deliver quality products
- Ability to travel (UK and occasionally internationally)
- Practical build skills and experience with workshop tools
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel & Publisher
- Understanding of CE/EMC compliance principles
- Familiarity with MRP
- Familiarity with PFMEA, process flow, manufacturing plans
- Expertise with statistical process control (SPC, CPK’s etc.)
- Experience of specialist glues and adhesives
- Design for and programming of CNC
- Familiarity with high end engineering polymers
- Experience with injection moulded parts
- Project planning and time management
- Medical device industry experience
- Experience of hands on and training of technicians on new processes
- Experience of remote training of technicians on new processes Cleanroom experience
If you could be interested in the role as a Electronics Development Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.