Location: - West Midlands
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 DOE
My client is looking for a Electronics Quality Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis. You will be very problem solving orientated with a background in electronic engineering or similar.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To lead Company initiatives to identify and help resolve the causes of unnecessary cost as a result of defects in design, manufacturing and installation of company products
- To assist design and manufacturing teams in identifying possible failure modes in products and components
- To provide assistance with the investigation, analysis and resolution of warranty and other customer returned items including the creation of reports for Customers
- To assist in the introduction of new products into production
- To provide assistance with reliability testing of production equipment such as test rigs / test platforms etc.
- To assist in the production of related Control Plans, PPAP, Work Instructions and similar documentation
- To provide assistance with the investigation, analysis and resolution of manufacturing issues including diagnostics and fault finding
- To lead and manage 8D process for analysing internal and/or external issues
- To assist in the implementation of any required corrective or preventative actions
- To process concessions and/or non-conformance reports as required
- To assist in dealing with Supplier issues including undertaking Supplier audits when necessary
- To work with suppliers to improve delivery and quality levels
- To provide general electronics and quality support for internal teams such as design, manufacturing or product engineering teams
- To support improvement of the Integrated Management System and performance delivery and to assist in monitoring and optimising manufacturing processes
Skills and Experience
- Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
- Experience in hands-on fault investigation experience with good component level knowledge.
- HNC/HND or above in electronics or electrical engineering
This role requires screening in the below areas:
- Pre-Employment Credit Check
- Basic Disclosure
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
If you could be interested in the role as a Electronics Quality Engineer, please apply with your latest CV, salary expectation and availability as soon as possible. Call Jeremy at Premier Engineering on 0121 796 1888 for further information.