Embedded Software Engineer – Bristol - £50,000
I’m working with a market leading Electronics manufacturer who specializes in Power solutions. They are currently on the lookout for and Electronics/Embedded Design Software Engineer to join their R & D team and help with new innovative products.
- Design and maintenance of PCBs including hardware and firmware for the businesses range of thyristor and switch mode battery chargers.
- Working closely with all departments and managers to support the delivery of business success.
- Full programming of all new products,Test automation for new products
- Follow departmental processes relating to management of designs and also the company-wide new product development processes.
- Carry out detailed electronic circuit design, including simulation and design verification testing of the new design.
- Carry out detailed firmware design, including prototyping and design verification testing of the new design.
- Work closely with System and PCB Test assisting in developing and documenting test procedures for sub-systems and complete chargers.
- Ensure all relevant safety regulations are met in design related activities/areas, including actively reporting near misses.
- BSc within Electronics or Software Engineering
- Programme experience in Embedded C or C++
- Be familiar with at least one programming language, preferably have experience with microcontroller systems, e.g. Raspberry Pi, PIC, Arduino etc
- Be self-starting and able to work under your own initiative
- PCB Design and Layout
- Hardware Knowledge
Nice to have’s/ Non essential
- Have at least PhD degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, covering one or more of: Electronics, Wireless Communications, Signal Processing, Software Engineering, or a comparable discipline
If you are interested in the position and think you have the skills required as an Embedded Software Engineer, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Any questions, contact Joel Aboagye at Jaboagye@pg-rec.com or call 01189 028 800
For more information about this role please apply, or email Joel Aboagye on email@example.com who will be able to provide more details on the opportunity.
Many thanks, Premier Group