Industry: Engineering, Manufacturing
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Excellent Benefits Package Provided
An excellent Global Engineering Specialist business based in Cambridgeshire who are the forefront of producing niche high technology for multiple Manufacturing industries have a great opening as they are now hiring for an Embedded Software Engineer to join the highly innovative team and business who are ambitiously evolving and expanding its exciting product lines, which challenges the organization to develop exciting solutions and engage with new emerging technologies.
The salary on offer for the successful Embedded Software Engineer is £40,000 - £50,000 per annum with an excellent benefits package.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software
- Take responsibility and ownership of the design, development and upkeep of multiple software components and small projects, from start through to incorporation into a published product.
- Continuous advancement of software development process utilizing the latest software practices.
Embedded Software Engineer Mandatory Skills:
- Degree, BS/MS in Computer, mathematical, Electronics Engineering, Physics, or similar
- 3-5+ years industry experience
- Experience of developing real-time embedded software
- Embedded Software Programming in C, C++
- Good knowledge and experience of C#, Python & BASH
- Linux kernel device driver development experience.
- Windows .Net Framework
- Yocto project.
- Multi-threaded application development.
- Version Control – GIT, SVN, Jira
Desirable nice to have skills:
- Qt Framework
- Basic Electronics knowledge - comfortable following a schematic and technical documentation/data sheets.
- Knowledge of common bus protocols such as I2C, SPI UART, USB, RS232/485 etc.
- Expertise in low level systems and a command over a range of related concepts such as bootloaders, device drivers, OS fundamentals preferably Linux, low level power management, developing secure system.
If you could be interested in the above role as an Embedded Software Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Frank at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information.