Industry: Electronics, Manufacturing, Automotive
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 per annum, DOE
Great Benefits Package
Full training and personal development
Relocation assistance available
Work – Fully remote working from home for now, no set plan to return the office at present.
Once returning to the office full time - 60/40% split for onsite and offsite
A fantastic established and hugely successful Global Engineering Specialist company based in Birmingham who have a great significant presence of providing excellent technology in multiple Industries such as the Automotive and many more have a new opening role due to further expansion and exciting new projects and they are now hiring for an Embedded Software Engineer to join and work with some of the industry’s brightest minds dedicated to developing research & development skills by working on concept and prototyping projects.
The salary on offer for the successful Embedded Software Engineer is £35,000 - £50,000 per annum, depending on experience. Remote work is available due to COVID-19.
Role: As the Embedded Software Engineer you will be experiencing the complete lifecycle of AUTOSAR projects and also high-level embedded software requirements and design documents such as testing and verifying new concepts and principles used within company’s high-tech engineering products for embedded systems.
Embedded Software Engineer Mandatory Skills:
- Relevant Electronics/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Degree or similar qualifications
- 2-3+ years industry experience
- Embedded Software Programming in C, C++
- AUTOSAR experience
- Experience of successfully supporting projects in an engineering environment either in an OEM or Tier 1, for production or R&D programmes development, deployed onto and interfacing with bespoke hardware
- Sound embedded software skills
- Experience with compilers and assemblers
- MICROSAR, DaVinci Configurator & DaVinci Developer
- MCAL, Basic Software (BSW)
- RTE – Runtime Environment
- Version Control – GIT, SVN, JIRA or similar
Desirable nice to have skills:
- MISRA C
- Candela Studio
- AUTOSTAR Software Development environment experience
- Functional Safety (up to ISO-26262 ASIL-D ASW and E2E)
- Board level debugging and problem-solving
- Network Interface – SPI, I2C, USB, UART, Ethernet, Modbus, TCP/IP, CAN, CAN-FD, Flexray, UDS, OBD, J1939
- Bare-metal to RTOS experience
- Design / Modelling experience (For example: UML, Matlab, Simulink, Rhapsody or Targetlink)
- Knowledge of CMMI / SPICE / ASPICE process frameworks
If you could be interested in the role as an Embedded Software Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Frank at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information.