Job Type: Permanent - EU candidates only
Location: Galway, Ireland (relocation package available)
Premier Engineering has engaged with a new client and a very exciting, fast paced and rapidly growing manufacturer and integrator of electrification systems. Due to growth and expansion of the business a key opportunity has been established for Sheet Metal Fabrication Manager to join on a permanent basis.
We are looking for a highly experienced Embedded Software Engineer to design and architect battery control algorithms and control systems for our next-generation battery systems.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Use best-practices, experience, and talents to create battery models for production ECU.
- Assess input & output constraints to develop firmware model and compile into executable code.
- Utilize a variety of debugging tools to aid and speed your development; writing scripts, & executables.
- Use your battery knowledge to contribute to the ESS cell research team.
- Apply ISO-26262 safety standards in the creation, unit testing, & review of your code/models.
- Design other important software components of the BMS, involving diagnostics, fault detection, and more.
- Coordinate & work with engineers across multiple disciplines to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Collaborate with software engineers to integrate application-layer software into RTOS.
- Collaborate with validation engineers to test your models & firmware functionality.
- Share progress & participate in code reviews with algorithm & control systems designers.
- Work with other firmware engineers on the evolution of the company platform, contributing to projects such as: on-line battery mathematical parameter estimation & off-line battery physics-modelling.
- Devise new concepts for BMS over-the-air (OTA) data transfer methods, etc.
- Grow and mature as the development and production process evolves.
- Transition between C-programming and Model-Based Design (Matlab/Simulink).
- Understand corner-cases, unit-testing, and battery performance limitations.
- Apply lessons learned to future designs and firmware implementations.
- Contribute to ESS vehicle and laboratory data-mining efforts.
- Show a willingness to take on dynamic projects; from low-level firmware manipulation, all the way up to high-level Li-Ion Cell & CAN data processing, filtering, and analysis.
- 5+ years of work experience in the battery and automotive industries.
- Experience with programming and embedded systems.
- Well-versed with software development & C programming.
- Previous programming experience on Battery Management Systems, or automotive ECUs.
- Previous experience in automotive product development or extreme safety environments.
- Experience with model-based design; creating control systems & models with Matlab/Simulink.
- AUTOSAR knowledge and experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principals & common sense.
- Strong communication, multitasking, & interpersonal skills, both in presentation & technical writing.
- Versed in production development & testing timelines.
- Versed with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.) and issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.).
- Previous experience with product launches and working to a schedule.
- Ability and desire to share/communicate subject matter expertise and knowledge effectively with other employees, contractors and external customers.
- Ability to write technical documents, draft patents and articles.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!