Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Type: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary: £35,000 - £70,000 per annum, DOE
Excellent Benefits Package
A hugely successful Electronics, Electrical & Manufacturing Engineering company who have a strong presence in multiple industries have an opening new position and they’re seeking a new Embedded Software Engineer to join their growing business in Newcastle Upon Tyne. The company would be keen to hire from all levels of work/experience examples such as Junior, Mid-Level, Senior & Principal Level Embedded Software Engineers.
Job role: The successful Embedded Software Engineer will be working on excellent cutting edge technology as well as being responsible for the research, design, development, simulation, testing and evaluation of embedded software engineering products across the business.
The salary on offer is £35,000 - £70,000 per annum, depending on experience and skillset with a great benefits package included too.
The cilent would be happy to provide a work arrangement of 3 days onsite, 2 days remote working and vice versa.
Embedded Software Engineer key skills:
- 2-5+ years industry experience
- Full lifecycle embedded software development from requirements analysis through development, integration, and testing.
- Embedded Software Programming in C, C++
- Thorough understanding of embedded/development, systems & platforms
- Experience of embedded firmware development, deployed onto and interfacing with bespoke hardware
- Network interface – SPI, I2C, USB, UART, RS232/485, CAN, Ethernet, Can Bus, TCP/IP
- Real time operating systems experience – FreeRTOS, QNX, VxWorks, SafeRTOS etc
- Experience using debug and test equipment (e.g., JTAG, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analysers)
- Version Control Systems – SVN, GIT, JIRA, Bitbucket
High advantageous skills to have:
- Experience of MATLAB or Simulink
- Familiarity with CAN Tools (for example Vector CANoe)
- Knowledge of C++, C#.NET and MATLAB
- Knowledge of Automotive SPICE, process and automotive coding and guidelines (for example, MISRA C)
- Modelling languages (e.g.UML)
- Battery management systems.
- Motor control systems.
- Experience of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
- USB (Firmware/bootloader development experience)
- Experience of working in a similar industry (e.g., Medical Devices, Automotive, Power electronics, Machine Vision, Artificial Intelligence etc.)
- Appreciiation for Electronics Hardware Design
If you or someone else that could be interested in this role as an Embedded Software Engineer, please apply with your latest CV and call Frank at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information. If this position is not for you then we pay up to £500 for a successful referral.