Job type: Full time / Permanent
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Nottinghamshire, East Midlands
Salary: Up to £70,000 per annum (depending on experience and skillset)
Work arrangement policy: Work from home 2 or 3 days a week and rest onsite
Great benefits package Included
Company Overview & Job Title:
A brilliant award-winning, global technology business based in Nottinghamshire who are Electronics & Electrical Manufacturing Industry leaders of developing and designing world class products and technology in numerous industries are now looking to grow their friendly, innovative, and talented engineering team to recruit for a confident, experienced hands-on Embedded Software Engineer who wants to make a difference, joining an organization contributing to be making a big impact within a global industry and want to gain a real sense of ownership whilst working on cutting edge and industry changing projects.
The successful Embedded Software Engineer will work in a great work culture and environment whilst taking lead on the embedded software development working on an array of sensational projects for new and developing technologies to bring new products from concept through to production.
The salary on offer for successful Embedded Software Engineer is up to £70,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience.
Work arrangement policy: Work from home 2 or 3 days a week and rest onsite.
Embedded Software Engineer Key Skills:
- 3-5+ years minimum industry experience
- Full software development life cycle experience
- Experience taking a product from initial idea creation right through to production
- Embedded Software Programming in C or C++
- Bare-metal systems
- Microcontrollers & Microprocessors experience
- Real Time Operating Systems - FreeRTOS, Nucleus+, QNX, VxWorks or similar
- Experience of working or experimenting with a range of MCUs and their associated tool chains - TI, STM, Espressif, ARM, AVR or PIC.
- Network interface – I2C, USB, UART, RS232/485, CAN, Ethernet
- Experience of Embedded software maintenance, diagnostic & debugging
- A good understanding of electronics and an ability to read a schematic and use debug and test equipment (e.g., JTAG, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analysers)
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary R&D team, as well as on individual projects
Desirable nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of other programming languages – Java, Python, C#
- Version Control – GIT, SVN, Jira, Mercurial
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
- Analogue to digital data acquisition
- Familiarity with ARM Cortex-M processor architectures
- Wireless Communication protocols – BLE, WIFI, Zigbee, LoRa, RFID, Bluetooth, TCP/IP
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) – STM32Cube, MPLAB, Keil uVision, Eclipse etc.
- 25 Days Holiday
- Excellent career opportunities
- Great work culture and environment
- Support in learning relevant technologies
- Free on-site parking
- Up to 10% discretionary annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Many more other benefits
If you are a passionate Embedded Software Engineer, looking for an exciting new opportunity to join a growing global engineering business and wanting to be making a real difference and to working on cutting edge technologies, then please apply now with your updated CV or call Frank at Premier Group on 0121796188 for further information about the role and companY.
Not for you? – We pay up to £500 for a successful referral