Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £60,000 per annum (depending on experience and skillset)
Job type: Full time / Permanent
Great benefits package included
Full Relocation assistance available
Work arrangement: Temporarily Remote, flexible working (start & finish times)
A fantastic world class engineering specialist business based in Edinburgh with over 20,000 highly skilled employees across the Globe who develop world class leading products for multiple industries such as the Electronics & Electrical, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Aerospace and many more are now looking to further expand their innovative, and technically advanced R&D team with the addition to hire of an Embedded Software Engineer to join the team and to be working as part of a global team to deliver ground-breaking solutions. The company is happy to recruit Embedded Software Engineers from Graduate through to Senior Level. In addition to this the company is happy to recruit a total of 3 Embedded Software Engineers!
As the Embedded Software Engineer, you’ll be expected to enjoy working alongside a mixed discipline team of talented engineers (software engineers, electronics hardware design engineers, mechanical design engineers, quality engineers and many more). The Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible to engineer, state requirements, design, execute and test C and C++ embedded software in recognition with the project software development process to ensure high quality and timely software deliverables.
Salary & work arrangement:
The salary on offer for successful Embedded Software Engineer is £30,000 - £60,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience. Although full time office based 5 days a week is preferred, the company is happy to offer a flexible hybrid working policy e.g., 3 days onsite with 2 days office and vice versa. In some circumstances full remote working is not out of the equation as well as 1 day in the office and the rest working from home. Full relocation assisstance is provided too.
Embedded Software Engineer Key Skills:
- 2-5+ years minimum industry experience
- Full software development life cycle experience
- Embedded Software Programming in C, C++
- Experience of defining, architect, design, develop, document and test embedded software.
- Embedded development – Raspberry Pi, Arduino
- Experience developing cross-compiled software on ARM microcontrollers and/or ARM microprocessors
- Familiarly with schematics and data sheets
- Experience with common bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, UART, RS232/485, Ethernet etc
- Experience with software development, documentation, debugging tools, e.g., JIRA, Gerrit, GitHub, SVN, GIT, Jenkins etc
- Good analytical, problem solving and team-work skills
Highly desirable nice to have skills:
- Embedded Linux application, kernel, and driver development.
- Awareness of Agile development/methodology practices
- Real Time Operating Systems (FreeRTOS, Yocto, Embedded Linux, QNX, VxWorks etc)
- Scripting experience - Python, Bash, etc.
- Experience with C#.NET
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M processor architecture – M0, M3, M4, M7 etc
- Experience with C# and Visual Studio IDE.
- Industry experience – Life Sciences, Medical Devices, Aerospace, Defence, Subsea
- 30 days annual leave increasing with length of service. 1 additional day (31 days) after 3 years, another 1 additional day after 5 years (32 days) and 1 additional day after 7 years (33 days)
- Free fruit in the canteen for employees
- Free tea/coffee, use of coffee machine
- Free on site car parking
- On site gym facility, free for employees to use. Open 7am – 7pm and open on weekends too
- Pension scheme – 5% employer contribution with a minimum employee contribution of 4%
- Technical development
- Induction program and coordinated career development scheme
- Strong mentoring scheme
- Technical Leadership Development program
- Flexible working hours – including early finish on Fridays
- Social Committee
If you are an Embedded Software Engineer, looking for an exciting new opportunity to join a hugely successful and established engineering business, then please apply now with your updated CV or call Frank at Premier Group on 01217961888 for further information.
Not for you? – We pay up to £500 for a successful referral