Job title: Embedded Software Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Toomebridge, Northern Ireland
Salary: £30,000 - £70,000 dependent on skillset and experience
Hybrid Working is Available
Company overview & Job Title:
An established, and highly successful engineering company based in Toomebridge, Northern Ireland who specialize in designing and manufacturing control systems for specialist market sectors including Marine, Automotive, Agriculture and more are now seeking to hire for not only 1 but 4 Embedded Software Engineers to join on a full time permanent employee basis during an exciting period of growth and development for the business. This role offers great opportunity for growth in respect for career progression, e.g., if it was an Embedded Software Engineer that is high level and very experienced with good technical, leadership and project management skills who the Managing Director could see fulfilling a Engineering Manager role then they would probably be worth that.
The working onsite vs at home would start at 4 to 1 (4 days on site, 1 remote) per week to start with. Once the Embedded Software Engineer was more trained this can progress to more remote if preferred. The company has a couple of engineers who work fully from home and only come into the office once every few months.
Salary on offer:
The salary on offer for the successful Embedded Software Engineer is £30,000 - £70,000 per annum, depending on skillset and experience. The company is happy to take on Graduates through to Principal Level Embedded Software Engineers.
Summary of the Embedded Systems Engineering role:
The successful Embedded Software Engineer will be involved in all stages of software and product development lifecycle including analysis, system architecture, prototype design, implementation and test development for distributed control software development.
Embedded Systems Engineer Key Skills:
- 3-5+ years industry experience
- Graduates with 0 experience also considered
- Have a thorough understanding of developing for embedded platforms and environments
- Developing embedded C/C++ software for real time embedded applications
- Microcontroller and microprocessor experience
- ARM Microcontrollers & Microchip experience
- Bare Metal Development
- Network Interfaces - SPI, I2C, UART, USB, CAN, RS232/485, Ethernet
- Real time operating systems (RTOS) – FreeRTOS, QNX, VxWorks or similar
- Hardware test equipment: oscilloscope, logic analyzer, multimeters etc.
- Ability to read electronics schematics and component datasheets
- Version Control Systems – GIT, SVN, JIRA or similar
- Electronics Circuit Design & PCB Design (PCAD, KiCAD)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Normal office hours are either 7am to 3:30pm or 8am to 4:30pm
- Work from home
- Half day Fridays
- 5% company contribution pension and more
Not for you but know someone who may be interested? We do offer up to £500 upon placement of successful referrals!