Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £70,000 per annum (depending on experience and skillset)
Job type: Full time / Permanent
Great benefits package included
Company profile and job overview:
A great opportunity has opened for an Embedded Software Engineer to join a brilliant Research & Development organization based in Coventry who have been established and hugely successful for over 20 years and have been involved in leading technology developments across multiple Engineering industries such as the Electronics, Smart Technology, Medical devices sector and many more. If you are an Embedded Software Engineer that enjoys interesting innovative work and challenges every day and solving problems, then you will get on well with this incredible engineering team. As the successful Embedded Software Engineer you will be involved in the full product life cycle and to provide technical resolutions to a wide range of difficult problems, solutions that are creative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives, contribute to completion of specific programs and projects and frequent inter-organizational and outside peer contacts.
The permanent salary on offer for the successful Embedded Software Engineer is £40,000 - £70,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience.
Embedded Software Key Skills/ Experience:
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Experience taking a product from initial idea creation right through to production
- Embedded Software Programming in C,C++
- Bare metal development
- Knowledge and experience of Microcontrollers, MCU’s or Microprocessors
- Network communication protocols – SPI, I2C, USB, UART, RS232/485, Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Experience with debugging embedded software using common test equipment - Oscilloscope, logic analyser, protocol analyser etc.
- Ability to understand schematics
- Version Control Systems – SVN, GIT, JIRA Mercurial or similar
Preferred & Desirable Skills/ Experience:
- Experience of Real time operating systems – FreeRTOS, QNX, VxWorks, WinCE, Linux etc.
- IDE’s - STM32CubeIDE, Keil uVision, Visual Studio etc.
- Working knowledge of a variety of microcontrollers - ARM, STM32, PIC
- Device Drivers
- Development of ARM Cortex Processors - ARM M0, M4, M7 or similar
If you are interested in the position and think you have the skills required as an Embedded Software Engineer, please don’t hesitate to apply with your latest and most up to date CV or call Frank at Premier Group on 01217961888 for more information.