Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience
Job type: Full time / Permanent
Full remote working is available
Great benefits package included
Company Overview and Job Title:
An excellent Electrical & Electronics Manufacturing expert business based in Nottingham (Nottinghamshire) who design and develop extremely high-quality products and technology for numerous industries including smart technology and many more are now looking to recruit for an Embedded Software Engineer who is passionate about writing software for embedded /software systems. The Embedded Software Engineer will join a multi-disciplined, innovative, team friendly and thriving engineering team to design and develop world class engineering and cutting-edge products from start to finish utilizing high quality technology and tools. The organization is going through an excellent and exciting period of continuous growth whereby they’re looking to take on board not just 1 but a total of 4 Embedded Software Engineers between now and the end of Q2 of 2022.
The successful Embedded Software Engineer will need to have a have a thorough understanding of developing for embedded platforms and environments and designing and delivering embedded software solutions that includes design, development, testing and maintenance of embedded software. The Embedded Software Engineer will also be responsible for the software endeavor, quality, and timelines for allocated projects, taking ownership of a project, and clearing up any barriers that arise in day to day.
The permanent salary on offer for the successful Embedded Software Engineer is £30,000 - £50,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience.
Work from home policy:
The working from home policy is following the government guidelines whereby all employees can only come into the office when needed to do so. When there are less restrictions the usual working arrangement is 2-3 days working onsite and the rest working from home.
Embedded Software Engineer Key Skills/ Experience:
- 3-5+ years industry experience
- Hands-on experience of software design lifecycle in an embedded software development environment.
- Embedded Software Programming in C, C++
- Bare metal development
- Microcontroller programming, architecture, and interfaces
- Knowledge & experience of Real time operating systems (RTOS)
- Network Interface protocols – SPI, I2C, USB, UART, R232/485, Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Experience of test equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer etc.)
- Version Control Systems – GIT, JIRA, Jenkins, SVN or similar
- Ability to understand/read electronic schematics and component datasheets
Highly advantageous skills to have:
- Python associated with embedded software design
- Embedded Linux
- Experience of Real time operating systems – FreeRTOS, QNX, VxWorks, WinCE, Linux etc.
- Embedded microcontrollers – ARM, Texas Instruments and ST
- Experience of Raspberry Pi or Arduino based projects
- Development of ARM Cortex Processors - ARM M0, M4, M7 or similar
If you are interested in the above exciting position to join the fantastic business as an Embedded Software Engineer, please don’t hesitate to apply with your latest and most up to date CV or call Frank at Premier Group on 01217961888 for more information.