£55,000 - £70,000
My client is a design and manufacturing business of a niche market leading business in Liverpool and are looking for a new Engineering Manager.
The Engineering Manager will have the following responsibilities:
• Lead and direct eight multi-disciplined design and configuration engineers.
• Translate customers' needs and market requirements into defined product specifications.
• Design, develop and verify product systems comprising mechanics, software and electronics.
• Supervision of full life-cycle of product development including design, prototyping, testing, manufacture and implementation.
• Requirements and engineering specification creation.
• Review and approval of technical documentation.
• Lead product verification and validation.
• Continuously seek to improve engineering design systems, processes, and tools.
The ideal Engineering Manager;
• Will have a degree in Mechanical/Electronics/Product Design Engineering or similar.
• Be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of product development, engineering, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, as well as product assurance and regulatory requirements of complex electromechanical systems.
• Have a broad understanding of complex electro mechanical products (electrical/electronic, software and mechanical) and related design and testing engineering practices.
• Knowledge of Design for Manufacture, complex mechanisms and material properties.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to approach design from an alternative perspective.
• Ability to manage changing priorities and adapt to deadlines.
• Based on requirements and suggestions from clients and senior colleagues, encourage and nurture innovation within the department to ensure ideas are brought to fruition on time and within budgets is required.
If you are interested in this role, please contact me on 01618718811