Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Salary: £ DOE
Industry: Process Equipment/Machinery
Hours of Work:
Mon – Fri:- 08:30 – 12:30 and 13:15 – 16:45
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a Global leader in Design, Manufacture & Installation of Special Purpose Process Equipment. An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Design Manager to lead the small Design Team on a permanent basis. This great opportunity is part of a succession plan to become the next Engineering Director.
Purpose of Role:
- Capable of leading a young team of Design Engineers to deliver the appropriate solution from Front End Engineering to Detailed Design production.
- To provide the technical lead and direction to the engineering team
- Provide Engineering Support to overseas manufacturer’s right through to client handover.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Collaborate with the various departments of the company, to ensure engineering requirements are achieved in accordance with Contract commitments.
- Control and allocate resources according to priorities and projects assigned.
- Identifying and managing opportunities for improvements in processes and projects to drive continuous improvement actions, through to successful completion.
- Provide support to the project management and site staff, in the execution of all projects undertaken by the company.
- Manage and coach the Design Engineering Team
- Liaise with clients and suppliers on as as-needs basis. This is also likely to involve co-operation with the US operation, on shared projects. All aspects of this point, may require some overseas travel, from time to time.
- Have the ability to implement new procedures, as necessary.
Essential role related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Have held a similar role in the past, with responsibility for engineering changes and new design.
- Have demonstrated a good understanding of engineering organisations and processes.
- Have experience in providing direct engineering support to manufacturing units.
- Have held a previous role having responsibility for product, people and budget.
- Business acumen.
- An ability to work under pressure.
- Good working knowledge of hydraulic, electric and mechanical systems.
- A process equipment background, skilled in AutoCAD & Inventor, would be preferable.
- An ability to educate the younger members of the Engineering team.