Job Type: Permanent
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Salary: up to £55K plus benefits package
Industry: Thermal Machines / Consumer Products
Premier Engineering has engaged with a key client and a world leader in thermal machine/Consumer Goods manufacturing based in the Midlands with various manufacturing plants across the UK. Due to project and team growth a new opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Manager based at the Telford plant.
Our aim to make life good through thoughtful design.
We create and curate products that offer tangible solutions to help people live their best lives. Put simply, everything we make is designed to make things easier, more efficient and better all round. We take honest, hardworking materials and engineer them into relevant products that look great and perform brilliantly.
Our manufacturing site offers complete in-house services from CAD design through to finished product. We utilise various engineering disciplines and solutions throughout the factory, including Laser, TPP, CNC production and painting of steel parts through to shotblast and vitreous enamel application of cast iron, all culminating in the assembly of the iconic products on our Assembly line.
The Engineering Team
Key to the ongoing success within the business is the strong relationships between Production, Design and Development and the Engineering Team that ensures that new products are introduced effectively. The Engineering team focus on continuous improvement of all manufacturing processes, cost reduction, automation, quality and efficiency improvement within budgetary constraints
Reporting into the Engineering Manager are a team of Production Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers all combining to include duties that cover electrical and mechanical maintenance and repair, automation and mechanisation, machine tool programming, standards and measurement.
Key Job requirements
- Capable of leading a multi-disciplined engineering team, setting SMART objectives and conducting effective performance appraisals
- Capable of maintaining and developing and supporting the team with the PPM software (PEMAC Assets) to include statutory inspections of Air Receivers, Lifting Equipment, LEV’s, Fixed Wire Testing, Control of Legionella, Asbestos Management, Air Conditioning, etc
- Ability to improve operational output, quality and efficiency via the identification (and completion) of engineering continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure that engineering lead LEAN implementation and continuously monitor and review improvement action plans.
- Capable of completing cost benefit analysis and generating capital expenditure requests to support site strategic objectives.
- Responsible for procurement and Project Management on new machine/plant installations including machine pass offs at supplier and on site (FATS & SATS), UK and abroad.
- Monitoring plant and process equipment through production start up and sign off activities.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators, financial spends and engineering activities are communicated effectively.
- Experienced in dealing with external and internal auditors to ensure that compliance to standards are achieved GAR, SMETA, ISO14001, ISO9001, OHSAS 18001, etc.
- Experience of having introduced automation/robotics within a modern manufacturing environment, including the development of relevant documentation including SOP’s & Risk Assessments.
- Utilise TROPOS (Process Manufacturing System) for supporting and developing Bills of Material (BOM), routings & raising of purchase orders.
- Control of revenue spends to ensure that budgets are achieved.
- Promote a strong health and safety culture, including participation in team health & safety meetings.
Qualified to a minimum of degree level in a relevant field you will possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills and will be comfortable working with a diverse range of people at all levels within the organisation.
Other personal attributes critical to success in this role
- Achievement and Drive
- Analysis and Judgement
- Planning & Organisation
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Premier Engineering for further information and apply!