SALARY- £30,000 - £40,000 per annum plus benefits (dependent on experience)
We are looking for a Estimator on a permanent basis in the Wickford, Basildon or Essex area with experience in the Engineering / Manufacturing industry. Your main duties will be assisting with the day-to-day activities of the supply chain and purchasing team with any quotations.
The Quality Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Qualified in Engineering ideally (NVQ / HNC / HND / Degree or similar) OR Qualified by experience
- Previous experience working in a Estimator role.
- Previous experience in an Engineering or Manufacturing business.
- Familiarity with mechanical manufacturing processes (Fabrication, Machining, Assembly etc.)
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Understanding of Technical Drawings and B.O.M’s
- Capable of using an ERP / MRP system.
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Good problem-solving skills
- Exposure to aerospace industry – advantageous but not essential.
- Provide estimating services for customers and potential upcoming projects.
- Oversee preparation of estimates and proposals for new business.
- Liaise with other members of the business to ensure accurate and competitive proposals.
- Evaluate and analyse customer datasets, specifications and requirements.