A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Premier Group as we are currently looking to expand our Finance function with a Finance Assistant. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a years’ experience working across Credit Control who is looking to transition into a hand on, face-pace environment.
You will be working closely alongside our Chief Finance Officer to collect and resolve payments, process invoices and provide administrative support.
We have recently been voted #1 Best medium sized company to work by best companies and are keen to further our growth with a key focus here based out of our HQ in Reading Town Centre. Premier Group are a leading recruitment agency, established in 2000 and 22 years on we continue to grow across the UK and US. We are one of the leading Technology, Create and Engineering Recruitment Consultancies in the UK and USA. With 4 UK offices in Reading, London, Birmingham and Manchester and 2 in America in New York and Austin.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Chasing of overdue accounts to obtain payment dates and maintaining the call logs.
- Deal with email and phone queries relating to the overdue accounts.
- Enter and allocate customers receipts on sage and reconcile all receipts to the bank, daily.
- Review credit reports and set credit limits for new clients.
- Raise and send invoices and credit notes to the clients.
- Sent weekly statements to clients.
- Enter PO numbers to enable invoices to be raised and raise any missing PO numbers with the appropriate recruitment consultant.
- Update excel reports for new permanent placements entered by consultants.
- Email directors daily on cash receipts for permanent placements.
- Any ad hoc duties assigned by line Manager
Qualifications and knowledge:
- ‘A’-Level standard with GCSE grade C or above for Maths or English
- Accounting software
- Computer literate (MS Office - especially Excel)
- Planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Proactive approach
- Good, clear and concise communication skills – verbal and written
- Minimum 12 months experience
· Excellent planning and organising skills
· Good interpersonal skills
· Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
· Good telephone manner
· Work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Willingness to manage change
· Positive, hands-on and proactive approach to work
· Clear and concise communicator (verbal and written)
Successful candidates will have a good level of literacy, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, a professional approach to work and a willingness to learn. They will need to be someone who is highly organised and able to multitask. Computer literacy is essential including a good knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Applicants must have previous experience & be familiar with Sage or similar accounting software.
If you are interested in our Finance Assistant position, please apply with your most up to date CV for immediate consideration!