Job Title: Functional Group Manager
Job type: Permanent
Location: Edinburgh (Scotland)
Salary: £50,000 - £75,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience
Excellent Benefits Package
Full Relocation Assistance and Sponsorship is Available
Company Overview & Job Title:
An excellent organization based in Edinburgh (Scotland) who have a brilliant presence across multiple industries for Engineering across the Globe are now seeking to hire for a Functional Group Manager. The role offers exciting and inspiring projects within a World Class engineering development environment and career opportunities across the globe. The Functional Group Manager could be a present or previous Team Lead, R&D Manager, or an Engineering Manager.
Opportunity for growth:
Functional Group Manager role is a great gateway opportunity into Director level responsibilities.
The successful Functional Group Manager will have responsibility to oversee the core technology and activities of an efficient engineering team within the organizations thriving Engineering Solutions. The Functional Group Manager will need have present and previous experience of work in a cross-discipline team environment that includes Electronics Hardware, Embedded Software, Product Development Engineering.
The permanent salary on offer for the successful Functional Group Manager is £50,000 - £75,000 per annum, depending on skillset & experience.
Functional Group Manager Key skills:
- 5-10+ minimum years industry experience
- Experience in the full product design lifecycle – from concept to introduction into manufacturing
- Experience of work in a cross-discipline team environment – Electronics Hardware Engineering, Embedded Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, PCB Design Engineering
- Supportive management style and experience working closely with customers to deliver products in Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience of working in a product development organization and an overall understanding of product development and manufacturing processes.
- Experience of managing complex programs, projects, and technical teams.
- You may have additional management qualifications; you will have good knowledge of management principles.
- Ability to manage complex programs, projects, and technical teams.
- Strong ability to think strategically and proactively solve problems, including making timely and effective decisions in complex and ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to influence others, including relationship building, conflict resolution and leadership competencies.
- Ability to lead without formal authority
- Great communication and presentation skills
The following would be of significant advantage:
- Previous Experience of Electronics Hardware Engineering, Embedded Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, PCB Design Engineering being an Engineer or managing teams.
- Industry experience – Healthcare & Life Sciences, Aerospace, Smart Technology, Industrial, Defense
- Working with a manager that cares about your development and personal wellbeing
- 30 Days holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Health & Life Assurance Schemes
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Many more other benefits
If you are a Functional Group/Project Manager, looking for an exciting new opportunity to join an established and hugely successful global engineering organization, then please apply now with your updated CV or call Frank at Premier Group on 0121796188 for further information about the role and company.