SALARY- Circa £60,000-£70,000 per annum (4day week)
We are looking for a General Manager on a permanent basis in the Cornwall area to run the day to day operation of the company. Experience in the Aerospace and Defence sector is an advantage. The ideal candidate will have direct responsibility for Engineering, Sales, QA, Production, HR, Purchasing, Accounts and Business systems.
The General Manager will ideally have the following attributes:
- Engineering Degree or higher preferred
- Experience in highly regulated industries
- 5 years experience of leading in an Engineering/ Manufacturing sector
- Highly organized with attention to detail and quality
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Stong sense of proactivity, drive and ownership
- Outstanding business acumen
- Lean manufacturing experience and bought into the philosophy
- Ensure business operates in ethical and sustainable manner and business strategy is executed successfully
- Ensuring company performance and productivity meets or improves expectations, effectively managing costs against budgetary constraints.
- Providing team leadership and building employee morale.
- Foster a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture where quality and the highest standards are upheld without compromise.
- Ensuring Customer Satisfaction is measured and managed appropriately.
- Leading Change Management initiatives.
- Facilitate and monitor daily activities with responsibility for managing headcount, hiring, performance reviews and management: time/overtime management through to execution, with an input across operations for all aspects of production; planning and delivery.
- Coordinate business operations to maximize effectiveness, ensuring all areas have the appropriate resources and priorities outlined to enable full operations to be delivered on time, in full and at the quality expected by both the business and its customers.
- Evaluate performance and productivity, adjusting for optimization and continuous improvement.
Manage our customer service and satisfaction levels, if necessary, stepping in when a customer is dissatisfied to ensure they are delighted by our response.
- Monitor Health and Safety performance and quality standards across site, driving forward a culture of ‘safety first’.
- Working across our teams and partners to provide solutions to operational issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors).
- Maintain company certification to ISO9001:2015.