SALARY- £25,000-£30,000, dependent on experience
My client is a specialist manufacturer. They are looking for a Graduate Design Engineer to join their team in Surrey on a permanent basis.
The Graduate Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
- Ideally ONC / HNC / HND / BTEC / NVQ / Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or similar
- Experience in a similar Design Engineering / Manufacturing position would be beneficial
- Be proficient using 3D CAD software such as Inventor, SolidWorks, AutoCAD etc.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including sheet metal, fabrication, welded parts and machining
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient using MS Office
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills
- Have the ability to work well alone as well as part of a small multi-disciplinary team
The Graduate Design Engineer role will involve:
- Using CAD for concept design and producing technical drawings
- Creating component and assembly models to satisfy customer requirements
- Liaising with manufacturing providers
- Producing the required documentation for design as well as project reports / plans
- Updating 2D and 3D models and drawings
- Inputting parts into the MRP system creating BOMs
- Checking drawings for sign off
- Working in a small multi-disciplinary team on varied projects
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.