Job Title: Head of RF
Salary: £75,000 - £85,000 per annum
Excellent Benefits Package
One of the UK’s most exciting and Hi-Tec Global technology business based in Herefordshire have an excellent new opportunity to hire for a Head of RF to join the business on a permanent basis. The key for this role is for the Head of RF to have a great background and knowledge in the fields of RF, Electronics design, and technologies, with experience of leading teams.
The salary on offer for the successful Head of RF is £75,000 - £85,000 per annum depending on experience, with an excellent benefits package too.
Role: The successful Head of RF will take leadership of an excellent and highly innovative RF & Microwave Development Team proactively working on business-related projects and research & development work, involving both passive and active circuit designs.
Head of RF Key Skills:
- 10-15+ years industry experience
- A degree in Engineering (Electronics, Electrical), Computer Science, Physics, or a related discipline
- Inspiring leader with great leadership and project management skills
- Experience in RF and microwave design of active and passive circuits, especially over DC-6GHz (IF, L-, S-, C-Bands) and ideally to 40GHz (covering X-, Ku-, K- and Ka-Bands)
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the use of commercially available CAD tools (ideally NI/AWR Microwave Office) for circuit and system design and simulation
- In depth knowledge of, and experience in, specifying, designing, and characterizing RF equipment including Amplifiers, Splitters & Combiners, Switches, Frequency Converters and passive networks such as Couplers, Filters, Bias Tees etc.
- Extensive knowledge of RF circuit theory, transmission lines, PCB layout techniques, substrate materials
- RF and Microwave circuit design and simulation using CAD.
- Ability to supervise both Engineers within the RF discipline, for example, peer-reviewing a colleague’s design, and outside of the discipline, for example, guiding a PCB Design Engineer in the layout of an RF card.
- Previous experience of being an RF Design, Senior RF/Lead/RF/Lead/Principal Engineer
Desirable nice to have skills:
- A working knowledge of other Engineering disciplines such as PCB, Mechanical, Software, Digital Electronics, Power Supplies and Test
- Experience in Design for Compliance such as EMC for CE marking
- Knowledge of RF, Microwave and Millimetric product assembly techniques
- Awareness of the Satellite Communications industry, technologies, and techniques
If you or anyone else within your network could be interested in the role as a Head of RF, please apply with your latest CV and call Frank at Premier Engineering on 01217961888 for further information.